[cabfpub] [cabfquest] [Ext] FUNDAMENTAL SSL RULE CHANGE REQUIRED

Geoff Keating geoffk at apple.com
Tue Oct 23 13:02:47 UTC 2018

> On 22 Oct 2018, at 9:42 pm, Ryan Sleevi <sleevi at google.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 12:27 AM Geoff Keating <geoffk at apple.com <mailto:geoffk at apple.com>> wrote:
> [redirecting discussion to cabfpub]
>
> Geoff,
>
> While I'm always one to appreciate public discussion, I want to highlight that
> 1) A member already expressed concern with redirecting to our public list
> 2) Our bylaws make it clear that there's an established process - 6.2 - to deal with questions and proposed responses, which occurs on the management list. This was also mentioned earlier on the thread in the previous discussion.
> 3) Our bylaws explicitly make it clear that these discussions happen on the management@ list (5.1(d))
> 4) Our bylaws also state, in 5.1 "Members are strongly discouraged from posting the text of Member Mail List messages to the Public Mail List without the permission of the author or commenter.”

Oops!  Sorry about that.  I believe we have this discussion every time; what happens is that I expect it to work the way you mention above, but I also remember that last time I did it wrong, and so I do it the opposite way to the way I think is correct, in the hope that this time I’ll get it right, and I don’t, and the cycle repeats.

Frankly, our Bylaws are too complicated for me to operate reliably, and given that it seems like half of our discussions are about how we’re not properly following them, I do not feel I am alone in this.