[cabfpub] BR 3.2.2.4.4 question

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu Oct 12 21:49:56 UTC 2017

Yes, it indicates the name of a mailbox, but that doesn't resolve the issue
(as I believe your intent was).

That is, put differently, some Applicants are saying that a translated
address delivers to the same local mailbox as the required address. This is
no different than an Applicant saying "sleevi at google" and
"s.l.e.e.v.i at google" or "sleevi+cabf at google" deliver to the same local
mailbox. Regardless of whether this is true or not, it's an
Applicant-supplied piece of information, and the CA has to verify it. The
only way that the CA can verify, as allowed under 3.2.2.4.4, is to send to
the required mailbox :)