[cabfpub] Revised draft agenda for F2F in North Carolina

Rob Stradling rob.stradling at comodo.com
Thu Mar 2 15:16:15 UTC 2017

On 02/03/17 12:39, Peter Bowen via Public wrote:
<snip>
> As to CT redaction, I led the discussion last time as well.  The
> discussion has mostly moved to the IETF TRANS working group, and there
> is a current draft for redaction.  I don’t think there is much to
> discuss at this F2F. If people want to discuss the current IETF draft
> and possible changes, I think discussion on Tuesday makes more sense
> that using precious time during the F2F itself.  I’m happy to help lead
> a discussion on Tuesday if no one else steps up.

Hi Peter.

Yes, there is a "current" draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-strad-trans-redaction/

It's "current" in the sense that the authors intend to continue working
on it.

However, it's not an "IETF draft" at the moment.  There was a call for
adoption 6 months ago, but that did not lead to the TRANS WG adopting
the document.

(I would not be surprised to see another adoption call in the near
future though.  I guess it all depends on whether or not those who want
to see redaction happen are prepared to put the effort in and fight for
it :-) )

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist