[cabfpub] Code Signing Working Group

Richard Wang richard at wosign.com
Fri May 6 16:08:27 MST 2016

I think everyone still remember the following graph that Dean draw in Phenix meeting,
We can have more powerful code signing WG under CABF, the CSWG work for the code signing BR and EV code signing guideline. The Code Signing BR can be voted by CSWG member only, if pass, then it become a formal document that say "it is approved by CABF CSWG". This is the solution.

We don't like to see the CABF change to SSLBF, we like to see our organization grow up and have great influence to Internet society. How? Form the  4 WG as proposed, give the 4 WG more power to form its own BR and guideline.

Code signing BR is very important for the Internet security to stop malware, to help to improve the global internet security.  CSWG still have many work to do to stop malware black industry, to enhance the malware signer info share system.
I know Mozilla don't support code signing now, but this don't means CABF must change to be SSLBF, right?

And I think we still need to work hard to form Client WG and Doc WG to guideline this two no rule industry.