[cabfpub] Code Signing Working Group

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri May 6 22:48:30 MST 2016

On 07/05/16 00:08, Richard Wang wrote:
> I think everyone still remember the following graph that Dean draw in Phenix meeting,

Yes, indeed, and that's why we have a Governance Reform Working Group,
to see if we can bring this situation about. But it's not the case
_now_. It's not as simple as saying "OK, form all these new WGs, and
we're done." If it were that simple, we wouldn't have a Governance
Reform WG.

> I know Mozilla don't support code signing now, but this don't means CABF must change to be SSLBF, right?

Mozilla is not opposed to code signing, or to a reformed CAB Forum
working on code signing. What we object to, to repeat myself again, (and
it would be the same if it happened for any topic, not just code
signing) is continued work on a document under the CAB Forum banner that
the CAB Forum has declined to pass and which has no immediate prospect
of passing by being amended. Whatever perhaps commendable goals the
people working on it have, they are not CAB Forum goals.