[cabfpub] RFC5280

"Barreira Iglesias, Iñigo" i-barreira at izenpe.eus
Thu Feb 25 01:15:30 MST 2016

The rule of thumb for this use to cut from the right when reached the 64 character or advise the customer of the issue and ask for another name to be included in the certificate. We face the problem every day because even for longer names, everything has to go in 2 languages, Spanish and basque, so it´s even worst than your expectations. But I wouldn´t go "against" RFC 5280 but ask PKIX for an update to allow more characters, but we all know that we´re not having an agree on this because, which should be the new length? 100? 150? No limit?

Iñigo Barreira
Responsable del Área técnica
i-barreira at izenpe.eus
945067705

ERNE! Baliteke mezu honen zatiren bat edo mezu osoa legez babestuta egotea. Mezua badu bere hartzailea. Okerreko helbidera heldu bada (helbidea gaizki idatzi, transmisioak huts egin) eman abisu igorleari, korreo honi erantzuna. KONTUZ!
ATENCION! Este mensaje contiene informacion privilegiada o confidencial a la que solo tiene derecho a acceder el destinatario. Si usted lo recibe por error le agradeceriamos que no hiciera uso de la informacion y que se pusiese en contacto con el remitente.