[cabfpub] [cabfPAG] Function of the PAG

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Wed Jul 29 01:53:27 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 6:49 PM, kirk_hall at trendmicro.com <
kirk_hall at trendmicro.com> wrote:

> The jurisdiction of the PAG is clearly spelled out by the IPR Agreement we
> all signed, and is focused on comparing proposed and existing BRs / EVGL to
> disclosed patents.  I think the PAG is jumping the gun if it starts looking
> at individual drafts that have never been considered by the relevant
> working group, and it may not be a good use of the PAG’s time.

Thanks for your feedback Kirk.

It may help to consider joining the next call, or wait for the minutes,
before positioning what may or may not be a good use of the PAGs time, the
issues the PAG is considering, or the scope of the PAG.

It sounds like there is ample confusion, unfortunately driven by a number
of inaccurate conclusions, and I'm not sure whether it will be possible to
resolve this with you on email.