[cabfpub] Proposed motion to modify EV domain verification section

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Wed May 15 13:45:34 UTC 2013

No one is advocating removing the “control” or “right to use” requirement (11.6.2(2)).  We are talking about removing the additional “knowledge” requirement since it is somewhat redundant with the “authority” requirement under Section 11.7 and 11.8.  Since the applicant has already requested a cert and the CA has verified the contract signer’s, certificate requester, and certificate approver’s authority in relation to the certificate, requiring an additional knowledge check doesn’t add any additional assurances, especially since the checks under Section 11.6.2(3) are the exact same checks as specified under Section 11.6.2(2).