[cabfpub] Proposed motion to modify EV domain verification section

Rich Smith richard.smith at comodo.com
Thu May 2 12:59:06 MST 2013

Eddy,

I absolutely consider the methods you quoted far more sufficient than simply looking at WHOIS information.  It is well known that the domain registrars, with a few possible exceptions, do absolutely no vetting of the information contained in WHOIS so just looking at WHOIS for MYFAKEMICROSOFT.COM and seeing Microsoft's name and address in the Registrant details is completely useless as any kind of actual verification of anything except that the actual domain owner knows how to look up a company's address.

As to Jeremy's point about #7, I would be willing to rework the motion to disallow that for EV.

Rich