[cabfpub] Proposed motion to modify EV domain verification section

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Thu May 2 12:22:28 MST 2013

On 05/02/2013 09:16 PM, From Rich Smith:

> In the interest of simplifying the EV Guidelines and to allow
> uniformity of processes where possible I propose the following
> amendment to the EV Guidelines.  I'm looking for two endorsers.

Do you really consider of these to be sufficient for EV?

    3. Communicating directly with the Domain Name Registrant using the
    contact information listed in the WHOIS record’s “registrant”,
    “technical”, or “administrative” field;
    4. Communicating with the Domain’s administrator using an email
    address created by pre-pending ‘admin’, ‘administrator’,
    ‘webmaster’, ‘hostmaster’, or ‘postmaster’ in the local part,
    followed by the at-sign (“@”), followed by the Domain Name, which
    may be formed by pruning zero or more components from the requested
    FQDN;
    6. Having the Applicant demonstrate practical control over the FQDN
    by making an agreed-upon change to information found on an online
    Web page identified by a uniform resource identifier containing the
    FQDN;

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
	StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>