[cabfpub] Proposed motion to modify EV domain verification section

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Thu May 2 11:22:30 MST 2013

I might agree with this ballot except for one permitted method of validating
domains:

"7. Using any other method of confirmation, provided that the CA maintains
documented evidence that the

method of confirmation establishes that the Applicant is the Domain Name
Registrant or has control over

the FQDN to at least the same level of assurance as those methods previously
described"

I think this is particular provision is far too vague for the EV Guidelines.

Jeremy