[Infrastructure] Minutes of Forum Infrastructure Subcommittee February 8, 2023

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Sat Feb 18 09:09:42 UTC 2023

On 8/2/2023 6:33 μ.μ., Dean Coclin via Infrastructure wrote:
> Ben asked why Infrastructure subcommittee minutes are not posted. The
> response was because this is a subcommittee. We do give summaries at
> the plenary, which are published.

Quick comment about the above:

According to the Bylaws section 5.1
<https://github.com/cabforum/forum/blob/main/Bylaws.md#51-forum-member-mail-list-and-member-web-site>
(emphasis mine):

"Draft minutes of Forum meetings (both virtual and in-person, *and
including any sub-groups or committees*) will be posted to the Member
Mail List to allow Members and Associate Members to make sure they are
being correctly reported. Minutes will be considered final when approved
at a subsequent Forum Meeting or Forum Teleconference; provided,
however, that if there is no Forum Meeting or Forum Teleconference
scheduled within three (3) weeks of the publication of the draft
minutes. Final minutes will then be posted to the Public Mail List*and
Public Web Site*. The Chair will, upon request, make redactions of any
part of the public copy of the minutes identified as private or
sensitive by either the information discloser or a member mentioned or
affiliated with the subject of the information."

I believe that minutes from subcommittees were only posted to a public
mail list, which also applies for the Forum Infrastructure subcommittee,
but not to the public web site. I will add this to the Bylaws issues to
fix, and the Forum can decide whether public mailing list archives are
enough for subcommittee minutes or not.

Thanks,
Dimitris.