[cabf_governance] Draft Statement of Purpose of CAB Forum

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Tue May 17 16:20:08 MST 2016

Here are the notes from the face-to-face meeting in Scottsdale –

More broadly: to restructure the governance model of the entire CA/B Forum: the idea being that CA/B Forum be divided into multiple sub-fora or committees.

An example structure was suggested.

CA/B Forum as a supervisor or overarching governance unit. Example subordinate units could be:

*	SSL committee
*	S/MIME committee
*	Code Signing committee
*	Document Signing committee

Each committee would possess its own IPR, develop and maintain its own membership criteria, bylaws and document repositories.

The SSL committee would likely contain the existing CA/B Forum membership.

Code Signing would be those parties already in WG, plus such organisations which feel unable to participate under the existing aegis.

Since the scope of this option is complex and far-reaching, lots of discussion would still be required.