[Infrastructure] Ballot SC70 results

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Tue Mar 26 10:29:47 UTC 2024

On 26/3/2024 11:58 π.μ., Inigo Barreira via Infrastructure wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Due to the new situation of the ballot SC70, how should we address the
> status of the ballot in the members tool and/or the google sheet?
>
> On the members tool, we have all these options for ballots: passed,
> failed, cancelled, voting period, discussion period, new and
> pre-ballot but there´s no status for this situation.
>
> In the google sheet, there´s no such options but need to clarify what
> we can indicate in that cell.

In my understanding it's very easy. The ballot has passed. Nothing needs
to change in the member's tool or the spreadsheet. These tools serve a
different purpose, to capture the Member's votes and give the result.

The IPR clearance and publishing of the updated guideline is a separate
process.

> Another question is if all votes are automatically rescinded and
> deemed null and void, should we remove those votes from the tool and
> the sheet? Should we leave them for some historical purposes?

There is no such option in the Bylaws. The votes are not rescinded
because of an essential claim. The Bylaws have provisions for this
situation which has happened at least once in the past. Which part of
the Bylaws or the IPR Policy is not clear to you for the situation we
are currently in?

As a reminder:

  * Bylaws, IPR Policy and procedural questions/interpretations/possible
    changes of those documents must be discussed at the Forum's public
    mailing list (public at cabforum.org).
  * If the Forum-level decides on certain tooling updates, the
    implementation can be further analyzed/discussed at the
    infrastructure SC.
  * The specific PAG or IPR discussion must happen at the corresponding
    WG, not the Forum-level and certainly not at the infrastructure SC.

Thanks,
Dimitris.