[Smcwg-public] [External Sender] Re: Re: Re: SV certificates devoid of individual attributes

Adriano Santoni adriano.santoni at staff.aruba.it
Thu Oct 19 11:27:37 UTC 2023

I have created the pull request below.

https://github.com/cabforum/smime/pull/218

Even if there exists some niche legacy uses cases, I believe it would be
highly preferable to avoid allowing SV certificates that do not match
the SV definition and are indistinguishable from OV certs. Besides, it
appears that in such particular contexts OV certificates would still
meet the need.

Looking for endorsers.

Adriano