[Smcwg-public] SMC03: Corrections and clarifications for “S/MIME Baseline Requirements”
Stephen.Davidson at digicert.com
Mon Jun 26 15:32:41 UTC 2023
SMC03: Corrections and clarifications for “S/MIME Baseline Requirements”
Purpose of Ballot:
The ballot proposes text to clarify certain sections and to make corrections in other sections of v1.0.0 of the S/MIME Baseline Requirements. The affected sections include:
* Transition for Extant S/MIME CAs in Definitions, 22.214.171.124, and Appendix B
* Clarification of Enterprise RA capabilities in 126.96.36.199
* Updated Mailbox Address definition in 1.3.3
* Updated Pseudonym reference in 3.1.1, 3.1.3, 188.8.131.52.2 (a), and 9.4.2
* Enterprise RA reference clarifications in 3.2.4, 184.108.40.206 (6), and 3.28
* Cleaning up of numbering in 220.127.116.11
* Addition of keyUsages for EdDSA Certificates in 18.104.22.168 (e)
* Clarification of LEI in 22.214.171.124 (l)
* Clarification of ISO code in organizationIdentifier in 126.96.36.199.2 (a)
* Clarification of ETSI audit requirements in 8.4
* Minor text corrections
The following motion has been proposed by Stephen Davidson of DigiCert and endorsed by Martijn Katerbarg of Sectigo and Christophe Bonjean of GlobalSign.
— MOTION BEGINS —
This ballot modifies the “Baseline Requirements for the Issuance and Management of Publicly-Trusted S/MIME Certificates” (“S/MIME Baseline Requirements”) resulting in Version 1.0.1.
The proposed modifications to the S/MIME Baseline Requirements may be found at https://github.com/srdavidson/smime/compare/ba234cef9a443716e09d2fd2dcb715b8b709dd61...a6a1e287c3511f40c86d6cd2a1596889413e73d8.
The SMCWG Chair or Vice-Chair is permitted to update the Relevant Dates and Version Number of the S/MIME Baseline Requirements to reflect final dates.
— MOTION ENDS —
This ballot proposes a Final Maintenance Guideline. The procedure for approval of this ballot is as follows:
Discussion (9 days)
Start Time: 26 June 2023 17:00 UTC
End Time: 5 July 2023 17:00 UTC
Vote for approval (7 days)
Start Time: 5 July 2023 17:00 UTC
End Time: 12 July 2023 17:00 UTC
IPR Review (30 days
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Smcwg-public