[Smcwg-public] [EXTERNAL]-Re: Common Name contents

Adriano Santoni adriano.santoni at staff.aruba.it
Thu Mar 10 08:06:35 UTC 2022

But here we are developing an /industry/ standard that - as such - need
not be eIDAS-compliant.

Besides, Article 5 (2) of eIDAS refers to transactions, not certificates.

In fact, eIDAS mention pseudonyms only with reference to /qualified/
electronic signature certificates, which are not the subject of the SMCWG .

Some CA may also want to issue S/MIME certificates containing
pseudonyms, and be succesfully audited against eIDAS and the relevant
ETSI norms, but in such a case they should not declare a policy
referring to the CABF requirements we are developing here.

Adriano