[Smcwg-public] Draft update for keyUsage table for EdDSA in S/MIME BR

Stephen Davidson Stephen.Davidson at digicert.com
Tue Dec 13 15:30:11 UTC 2022

Hello:

We recently received a comment that the keyUsage table in Section 7.1.2.3 (e) required an update to accommodate EdDSA key pairs (id-Ed25519 and id-Ed448).

Thanks to the community member who suggested this improvement.

A draft change is shown at:

https://github.com/cabforum/smime/compare/b1ff7867dc85392e4c57b1993ed571e61e34dee2...c04ba37f16e907430d86f671e19d880555922add

We'd welcome any feedback on this draft, which will eventually be incorporated into a ballot intended to take effect with the initial S/MIME BR effective date.

In addition, we'd welcome any other suggestions for corrections that readers may spot in the text.

As noted in our recent call, the December 21 2022 SMCWG teleconference has been cancelled.

Kind regards, Stephen