[Smcwg-public] Certificate Suspension

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Mon Aug 29 07:18:06 UTC 2022

On 26/8/2022 11:37 μ.μ., Clint Wilson wrote:
> A bunch of great points have been made already, and of course none of
> the problems with allowing Certificate Suspension is insurmountable.
> If the WG wants to take on the work necessary to address those issues
> which are part of the scope of this WG, I am supportive of that.
> Personally I don’t think that work is worthwhile, but would minimally
> prefer that work to be taken up /after /we have the SBRs published.
> Ultimately that’s for the group as a whole to decide.
>
> Thanks!
> -Clint

Hi Clint,

I will not try to counter each argument because despite our different
opinions, we agree on more than we disagree. My only ask on your last
comment is that we don't ban suspension from the first version of the
SBRs, standing by our principle of being more inclusive, try to improve
the rules around suspension and if we fail, we can ban it completely in
some future version.

Thanks,
Dimitris.