[Servercert-wg] Discussion Period Begins - Ballot SC-080 V1: "Sunsetting use of WHOIS to identify Domain Contacts"

Amir Omidi amir at aaomidi.com
Wed Sep 18 15:48:18 UTC 2024

There are two CAs (Let's Encrypt and Google Trust Services) with
DNS-ACCOUNT-01 (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-scoped-dns-challenges/)
mostly ready to go. This draft is designed to solve the CNAME delegation
problem.

Maybe if there's interest for this, we can get more folks to look at this
draft so we can finalize this? For what it's worth, I'm planning on
removing the DNS-02 idea from that draft entirely.

Note that of course the timelines of this draft being "ready" is at least a
year away.

Cheers