[Servercert-wg] Ballot SC-066: Fall 2023 Clean-up v3

Inigo Barreira Inigo.Barreira at sectigo.com
Mon Nov 6 14:57:48 UTC 2023

Hi Tobias,

Not sure what you are requesting, to not consider the issue #423 and remove the version number of the NetSec or that this change can´t be considered a "clean-up" ballot and should go on a different one. Or none of these 😊

When the #423 was discussed, and Dimitris indicated in the proposal, was to remove the version numbers to avoid pointing to old or deprecated versions because everytime there was a new version of the NetSec, the TLS BRs should change/update and point to the new version. Dimitris indicated in the text that we could leave the version of the NetSec but I think that we agreed during the call to also remove that version number. Maybe someone else can clarify or remember what was agreed. If it was decided to keep the version number for the NetSec, this can be reverted.

If the question is to discuss this change in a different ballot, specific for this, not a problem. This issue could be removed from the clean-up ballot.

Regards