[Servercert-wg] Discussion Period Begins: Ballot SC-061v3: New CRL Entries must have a Revocation Reason Code

Ben Wilson bwilson at mozilla.com
Thu Jan 19 21:54:44 UTC 2023

 All,

This is version 3 of Ballot SC-061. I've moved some of the language down
into section 7.2.2, and I've added back in two paragraphs that have been in
the original Mozilla Root Store Policy regarding changing the reason code
and revocation date for key compromise.  I also changed the compliance date
to July 15, 2023. (The compliance date for CAs in Mozilla's program was
Oct. 1, 2022.)

*Purpose of Ballot SC-061 v.3*

The purpose of this ballot is to modify sections 4.9.1.1 and 7.2.2 of the
Baseline Requirements to incorporate the CRL reason codes that Mozilla has
adopted in section 6.1.1 of the Mozilla Root Store Policy.

*Motion*

The following motion has been proposed by Ben Wilson of Mozilla and
endorsed by David Kluge of Google Trust Services and Kiran Tummala of
Microsoft.

*—–Motion Begins—–*

This ballot modifies sections 4.9.1.1 and 7.2.2 of the “Baseline
Requirements for the Issuance and Management of Publicly-Trusted
Certificates” as defined in the following redline, based on Version 1.8.6:

https://github.com/cabforum/servercert/compare/2c63814fa7f9f7c477c74a6bfbeb57e0fcc5dd5b..b1a3d9b491c9744a50a0e194678d76c639d6076b

 *—–Motion Ends—–*

This ballot proposes a Final Maintenance Guideline. The procedure for
approval of this ballot is as follows:

Discussion (7+ days)

Start Time:  January 19, 2023 22:00 UTC

End Time: January 26, 2023 22:00 UTC