[Servercert-wg] Upcoming limits on trusted certificates

Adriano Santoni adriano.santoni at staff.aruba.it
Thu May 14 01:15:55 MST 2020

Clint,

This has probably been asked before, I apologize in case I missed the
answer.

We understand that Apple will be treating certificates longer than 398
days , if issued after September 1, 2020, as a Root Policy violation.

This cannot be inferred from the existing announcement
(https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211025).

Could Apple publish an HT article (or integrate the existing one) to
clarify that? And if not, why not?

Adriano