[Servercert-wg] US Government recommends https for website identity

Roland Shoemaker roland at letsencrypt.org
Thu Mar 26 08:59:03 MST 2020

Without getting into the merits of the argument Krebs is making, why was
this sent to the Server Certificate WG mailing list? The scope of this WG
presumably doesn't include lobbying the US government to change how they
talk about HTTPS given its focus is on the requirements and guidelines for
issuance and management of TLS server certificates.

Without some relevant discussion or proposal for how the WG could or would
address this, it seems this debate would be better had elsewhere.