[Servercert-wg] Initial Vote Results on Ballot SC31v3: Browser Alignment

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu Jul 16 11:45:52 MST 2020

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 2:20 PM Wayne Thayer via Servercert-wg <
servercert-wg at cabforum.org> wrote:

> The voting period for Ballot SC31v3 has ended and *the Ballot has Passed*.
> Here are the results:
>
> Voting by Certificate Issuers – 20 votes total including abstentions
>
> - 15 Yes votes: Amazon, Buypass, Certum (Asseco), Sectigo (former Comodo
> CA), DigiCert, eMudhra, GDCA, GlobalSign, GoDaddy, HARICA, Kamu SM,
> SSL.com, SwissSign, TWCA, TrustCor
> - 4 No votes: Comsign, Entrust Datacard, Firmaprofesional, OATI
> - 1 Abstain: D-TRUST
>
> 75% of voting Certificate Issuers voted in favor.
>
> *Voting by Certificate Consumers – 6 votes total including abstentions*
>
> - 5 Yes votes: Apple, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, Opera
> - 0 No votes:
> - 1 Abstain: Cisco
>
> 83% of voting Certificate Consumers voted in favor.

Wayne: Are these computations correct?

Abstensions don't count as "voting" (for Certificate Issuers or Consumers)
for purposes of voting, per Bylaws v2.3, Section 2.3(5)

78.9% of CAs (79%?), as 15/19 voted yes, and 100% of Browsers voting, as
5/5 who voted, voted yes.

The absenstensions count towards our quorum/participation, so that would
mean 26 participants.