[Servercert-wg] Initial Vote Results on Ballot SC31v3: Browser Alignment
wthayer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 11:20:13 MST 2020
The voting period for Ballot SC31v3 has ended and *the Ballot has Passed*.
Here are the results:
Voting by Certificate Issuers – 20 votes total including abstentions
- 15 Yes votes: Amazon, Buypass, Certum (Asseco), Sectigo (former Comodo
CA), DigiCert, eMudhra, GDCA, GlobalSign, GoDaddy, HARICA, Kamu SM,
SSL.com, SwissSign, TWCA, TrustCor
- 4 No votes: Comsign, Entrust Datacard, Firmaprofesional, OATI
- 1 Abstain: D-TRUST
75% of voting Certificate Issuers voted in favor.
*Voting by Certificate Consumers – 6 votes total including abstentions*
- 5 Yes votes: Apple, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, Opera
- 0 No votes:
- 1 Abstain: Cisco
83% of voting Certificate Consumers voted in favor.
Relevant Bylaw references
Bylaw 2.3(f) requires:
- a "yes" vote by two-thirds of Certificate Issuer votes and 50%-plus-one
Certificate Consumer votes for approval. Votes to abstain are not counted
for this purpose. This requirement was met for both Certificate Issuers and
- at least one Certificate Issuer and one Certificate Consumer Member must
vote in favor of a ballot for the ballot to be adopted. This requirement was
Under Bylaw 2.3(g), "a ballot result will be considered valid only when
more than half of the number of currently active Members has participated".
Votes to abstain are counted in determining a quorum. Half of currently
active Members as of the start of voting was 10, so quorum was 11
votes – quorum
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Servercert-wg