[Servercert-wg] Ballot SC 13 version 3

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Tue Nov 27 14:39:54 MST 2018

Yeah, I’m not trying to be difficult, I’m just not seeing the ambiguity you do, and I appreciate the discussion.  I don’t think there’s actually much if any disagreement about what we want to say and how it should be interpreted, just disagreement about what readings are or are not sensible.  Which is of course the entire point of the discussion period.

In fact I personally think “the ADN” is much more likely to be misinterpreted than “a ADN”, as it mistakenly implies that there is only one ADN that can be used.  So I think that makes things worse, not better.

Maybe “one of the Authentication Domain Names” ?  I think that makes it unambiguously clear that you’re supposed to select a single item from the set of potential candidates.

-Tim