[cabfpub] Ballot FORUM-0XX: Modify Charter of Server Certificate Working Group

Roman Fischer roman.fischer at swisssign.com
Fri May 19 06:50:28 UTC 2023

Dear Ben,

I would like to comment on the suggested changes concerning the minimal attendance at telcos or F2F to remain a member of the WG. I don't think such a mandatory presence is a good idea for the following reasons:

  *   From my experience, I learned that mandatory presence only makes people dial in and not even listen to the conference, having no positive effect on participation or contribution.
  *   The telcos and most of the F2F are outside of at least Europe's working hours (9am-5pm, with telcos typically starting at 5pm) which makes attendance difficult.
  *   The chair of the WG would have extra effort to calculate if a member meets the minimal attendance requirement and if not, start the process of warning/suspending the member.

This leads me to ask to remove this requirement.

Kind regards
Roman