[cabfpub] Voting begins for Ballot Forum-18 v3 - Update CA/B Forum Bylaws to version 2.5
andreaholland at vikingcloud.com
Wed Jul 19 15:42:34 UTC 2023
VikingCloud votes YES on Forum-18 v3.
On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 4:43 AM Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) via Public <public at cabforum.org<mailto:public at cabforum.org>> wrote:
This message begins the voting period for ballot Forum-18 v3.
Purpose of the Ballot
The Forum has identified and discussed a number of improvements to be made to the current version of the Bylaws to improve clarity and allow the Forum to function more efficiently. Most of these changes are described in the “Issues with Bylaws to be addressed<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EtrIy3F5cPge0_M-C8J6fe72KcVI8H5Q_2S6S31ynU0>” document. Some preparatory discussions and reviews can be checked on GitHub<https://github.com/cabforum/forum/pull/32>.
Here is a list of major changes:
1. Clarified that it is not always required to “READ” the antitrust statement before each meeting and added the option of reading a "note-well".
2. Clarified where to send/post Chartered Working Group minutes.
3. Increased the number of days before automatic failing a ballot from 21 to 90 days.
4. Allow Chair or Vice-Chair to update links to other sections within a document without a ballot.
5. Applied grammatical and other language improvements.
6. Clarified that Subcommittee minutes do not need to also be published on the public web site.
7. Created a new member category called "Probationary Member", applicable to both Certificate Issuer and Consumer categories, and separated "Associate Members - Certificate Issuers" from the "Associate Member" category.
8. Clarified language for Associate Members for consistency with Probationary Member for the ballot proposals and endorsing.
9. Removed the member category called "Root CA Issuer" and only kept the "CA Issuer" category.
10. Added a step to check the authority of the signer during membership applications.
11. Updated the Chartered Working Group template.
12. Added some language to the Code of Conduct.
13. Publishing private conversations without express permission is considered a violation of the Code of Conduct.
14. Updated the elections language as agreed at F2F#58.
The following motion has been proposed by Dimitris Zacharopoulos of HARICA and endorsed by Ben Wilson of Mozilla and Paul van Brouwershaven of Entrust.
Amendment to the Bylaws: Replace the entire text of the Bylaws of the CA/Browser Forum with the attached version (CA-Browser Forum Bylaws v2.5.pdf).
NOTE: There are two redlines produced by GitHub
1. Bylaws-redline.pdf (attached)
2. GitHub redline available at https://github.com/cabforum/forum/pull/32/files#diff-<https://github.com/cabforum/forum/pull/32/files#diff-3c3a1aa55886ff217ac9c808f96a5e9a9582fc11>3c3a1aa55886ff217ac9c808f96a5e9a9582fc11<https://github.com/cabforum/forum/pull/32/files#diff-3c3a1aa55886ff217ac9c808f96a5e9a9582fc11>
The procedure for this ballot is as follows:
Forum-18 v3 - Update CA/B Forum Bylaws to version 2.5
Start time (10:00 UTC)
End time (10:00 UTC)
Discussion (at least 7 days)
4 July 2023
11 July 2023
Expected Vote for approval (7 days)
13 July 2023
20 July 2023
Public mailing list
Public at cabforum.org<mailto:Public at cabforum.org>
Company Registration Details
VikingCloud is the registered business name of Sysxnet Limited. Sysxnet Limited is registered in Ireland under company registration number 147176 and its registered office is at 1st Floor, Block 71a, The Plaza, Park West Business Park, Dublin 12, Ireland.
The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system. Sysxnet Limited is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt..
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Public