[cabfpub] Final Minutes for CA/Browser Forum Teleconference - April 30, 2020

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Fri May 15 07:31:19 UTC 2020

These are the Final Minutes of the Teleconference described in the 
subject of this message. *

*Minute taker: Tobias S. Josefowitz**

    Attendees (in alphabetical order)

Arno Fiedler (D-TRUST), Ben Wilson (Mozilla), Bruce Morton (Entrust 
Datacard), Clint Wilson (Apple), Corey Bonnell (SecureTrust), Chris 
Kemmerer (SSL.com), Daniela Hood (GoDaddy), Dean Coclin (Digicert), 
Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA), Doug Beattie (GlobalSign), Dustin 
Hollenback (Microsoft), Inaba Atsushi (GlobalSign), Janet Hines 
(SecureTrust), Jos Purvis (Cisco Systems), Karina Sirota (Microsoft), 
Li-Chun Chen (Chunghwa Telecom), Mads Henriksveen (Buypass AS), Michael 
Guenther (SwissSign), Michelle Coon (OATI), Neil Dunbar (TrustCor 
Systems), Niko Carpenter (SecureTrust), Patrick Nohe (GlobalSign), Pedro 
Fuentes (OISTE Foundation), Peter Miskovic (Disig), Rich Smith 
(Sectigo), Robin Alden (Sectigo), Ryan Sleevi (Google), Tim Hollebeek 
(Digicert), Tobias Josefowitz (Opera Software AS), Trevoli Ponds-White 
(Amazon), Wayne Thayer (Mozilla), Wendy Brown (US Federal PKI Management 
Authority), Taconis Lewis (FPKI).


      1. Roll Call

The Chair took attendance.

      2. Read Antitrust Statement

The Antitrust Statement was read.

      3. Review Agenda

Accepted without changes.

      4. Approval of minutes from previous teleconference

Accepted without objections.

      5. Forum Infrastructure Subcommittee update

Jos reports:

We briefly discussed our infrastructure issues, particularly with mail, 
part of the problem that happened with the wiki server might be related 
to AWS blocking outbound SMTP by default, we will investigate how to get 
it fixed one way or another (port opened or service moved).

We did not have any further minutes on the Pandoc work, Dimitris will 
sit down and go through that for the next ballot and will see if any 
corrections should be needed, but we ought to be in pretty good shape there.

We had a good discussion around the virtual conference in June and 
agreed we would demo some of the available webex possibilities to see 
what are the options, but webex also has additional services for events 
and training which we would also look into.

Finally big discussion about the webex account, it has been transitioned 
last year. It is a donated account, Dimitris has stepped forward and 
offered for HARICA to own the account, because HARICA is an official 
non-profit that we can donate to while CABF isn't one. However, as we 
are moving between accounts, the Chairs need to be aware that because 
this you will need to schedule new meetings for your meetings.

Dimitris: If we are transitioning we need to create new links and new 
rooms for the meetings, but we fortunately have all the information 
collected on the wiki and we have 6 meeting rooms we need to schedule 
and we can do this sooner then later, I'm just having a little trouble 
navigating the new account because it seems to be some different version 
and the configuration panel looks different. Anyway, we'll get this 
ready, I will work with Josh to get this ready and coordinate with 
Subcommittee chairs to get the links around.

The draft minutes of that particular Subcommittee meeting are available 
at the following URL:

  * https://cabforum.org/pipermail/infrastructure/2020-April/000217.html

      6. Code Signing Working Group update

Dean: We are not going to have a meeting during the F2F, we are 
combining the EV Guidelines and the regular BRs, Bruce is managing the 
compilation with input from all the different members. We have a open 
items we reviewed during the meeting, about the validity period of a 
signing service, about the minimum keysize effective January 1st is 
going to be 3072 bit RSA (was not a requirement for EV but will then to 
be applied to EV as well). Some confusion about eKUs; WG will 
investigate removing the EKUs for email and document signing to not 
conflict with future products of the S/MIME WG. Bruce will update the 
document once more re: the just listed items.

The draft minutes of that particular Subcommittee meeting are available 
at the following URL:

  * https://cabforum.org/pipermail/cscwg-public/2020-April/000088.html

      7.  New S/MIME WG Charter

Tim: Ryan, there still is a grammar mistake that Corey identified last 
Ryan: Fixed.
Tim: You fixed some other typos but not these.
Ryan: Allright, Corey left a large number of comments.
Tim: They're mostly on the issue of the one sentence publicly trusted 
root certs may be poorly documented. If we could improve that 
sentence... Ryan if you can fix that last typo I can get the ballot out
Ryan: Not sure where it is.
Tim: If you don't find it just ping me. I am hoping we will get the 
ballot out today and then we will see if we will resolve the issue about 
what publicly trusted means...

Dimitris: So the goal is to proceed despite the poorly described 
publicly trusted terminology and discuss it further in the discussion 

Tim: Yes.

      8.  Agenda Topics for the upcoming F2F

Dimitris: Does anyone have topics for discussion?

If anybody has an idea of a good topic to discuss on our virtual meeting 
send it to the public list or to Dimitris.

      9. Any Other Business

Dimitris: I would like to remind people about the update to our Bylaws, 
FORUM-12 Ballot: Under preparation I made some last minute updates which 
I missed from Ryan's comments. I believe I have no other comments to 
address. Still looking for an additional endorser, anyone willing on 
this list?

Tim: here

Dimitris: Ok, endorsed by Tim and Mike.

About the upcoming F2F virtual meeting:
Dean: We developed the ground rules for the meeting but haven't sent 
them out yet because everyone would just forget about them, I plan to 
send them out just a few weeks before the meeting, does that seem 

Dimitris: I have already posted them on the wiki. First I would please 
like everybody to register for the meeting. Right now the Ground Rules 
are a bit of in draft status, we will get them more solid the closer we 
get to the meeting, any proposals for changes or additions are very much 
welcome. We will send a reminder when we get closer to the meeting.

Still have to do some demos and tryouts with Josh to figure out the best 
setup and configs for this large meeting.

      10. Next call

May 14, 2020 at 11:30 am Eastern Time.


      *F2F Meeting Schedule: *

  * 2020: *June 9-11* (Virtual Meeting), October 20-22 Tokyo (GlobalSign)
  * 2021: Feb-March San Jose, CA (Cisco), June – Poland (Asseco-Certum),
    October - Minneapolis (OATI)
  * 2022: Mar-April Dubai (DarkMatter) or New Delhi / Bengaluru
    (e-Mudhra), June - [Open], October - New Delhi / Bengaluru
    (e-Mudhra) or Dubai (DarkMatter)

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.cabforum.org/pipermail/public/attachments/20200515/92b81359/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the Public mailing list