[cabfpub] Ballot Forum-11: Creation of S/MIME Certificates Working Group

Wayne Thayer wthayer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 15:45:20 MST 2020

Based on my recollection of the Guangzhou discussion, and supported by the
minutes, the "path forward agreed to in Guangzhou" was that we would take
this charter to a ballot without further attempts to resolve the issue of
including identity in the charter's scope. There does not appear to be a
path to consensus on this issue, despite the considerable amount of time
spent discussing it. I'm unhappy with this approach, but as one of the
endorsers, I don't see an alternative other than "take it to a vote" that
gets this much-needed WG formed any time soon.

- Wayne