[cabfpub] Final Minutes for CA/Browser Forum Teleconference - February 21, 2019

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Thu Mar 7 17:41:40 UTC 2019

These are the Final Minutes of the Teleconference described in the
subject of this message.

    Attendees (in alphabetical order)

Arno Fiedler (D-TRUST), Ben Wilson (Digicert), Chris Kemmerer (SSL.com),
Dean Coclin (Digicert), Devon O'Brien (Google), Dimitris Zacharopoulos
(HARICA), Doug Beattie (GlobalSign), Dustin Hollenback (Microsoft),
Enrico Entschew (D-TRUST), Fotis Loukos (SSL.com), Frank Corday
(SecureTrust), Geoff Keating (Apple), Gordon Bock (Microsoft), Inaba
Atsushi (GlobalSign), Iñigo Barreira (360 Browser), Jeannie Rissman
(Network Solutions), Jeff Ward (CPA Canada/WebTrust), Joanna Fox
(GoDaddy), Kirk Hall (Entrust Datacard), Li-Chun Chen (Chunghwa
Telecom), Mads Henriksveen (Buypass AS), Michelle Coon (OATI), Mike
Reilly (Microsoft), Neil Dunbar (TrustCor Systems), Peter Miskovic
(Disig), Rich Smith (Sectigo), Robin Alden (Sectigo), Shelley Brewer
(Digicert), Tim Callan (Sectigo), Tim Hollebeek (Digicert), Tim Shirley
(SecureTrust), Tomasz Nowak (Opera Software AS), Trevoli Ponds-White
(Amazon), Vijayakumar (Vijay) Manjunatha (eMudhra), Wayne Thayer (Mozilla).

    Minutes

      1. Roll Call

The Chair took attendance

      2. Read Antitrust Statement

The Antitrust Statement was read

      3. Review Agenda

Today's Agenda was approved.

      4. Approval of Minutes of previous teleconference

The minutes of February 7, 2019 teleconference were approved and will be
posted to the Public list and the Public web site.

      5. Forum Infrastructure Working Group update

Wayne reported that the Working Group will proceed with the new
opensource wiki instance (DocuWiki) that is very similar to what we
currently have, but with more features around permissions. Cisco will
host or is willing to host an instance of DocuWiki on their AWS account
on behalf of the Forum. Jos will probably set this up so we can start
migrating documents from the existing wiki to the new one. There are
some conversion utility scripts that can assist in this process that can
hopefully migrate tables as well.

There was some discussion about converting the Infrastructure Working
Group into a Subcommittee when the Bylaws are amended and it seemed more
trouble to convert to a Subcommittee.

      6. Follow-up on new WG Charters (Code Signing, S/MIME)

Ballot Forum-8 for the creation of the Code Signing Working Group is
currently in the discussion period. Dimitris sent a red-lined version
that aligns with some recommended changes proposed in the Bylaws,
including two comments. Ben will review and send an updated charter,
restarting the discussion period dates. Members did not raise any
concerns about the core elements of the charter.

The S/MIME WG charter will be based on the Code Signing WG Charter so we
will wait to see how well the Code Signing Charter will go and prepare
the S/MIME accordingly.

      7. Upcoming F2F 46 meeting March 12-14, 2019 (hosted by Apple)

The final meeting location is posted on the wiki. There was some
discussion about the limits of the meeting room and the wiki will be
updated to set this maximum cap. Remote audio/video participation will
be available and access information will be circulated to Members a few
days before the meeting.

      8. CA/B Forum Agenda for F2F 46

Dimitris read the topics of the current draft agenda and received no
comments about the topics or time allocations. There are still open
slots that can be used for additional topics or to extend the time of
existing topics. Members should contact Dimitris, Dean or send their
thoughts to the public list for new topics.

      9. Any Other Business

None.

      10. Bylaws and existing Charters update

Wayne recapped the main topics that are addressed in the Bylaws and
Server Certificate WG Charter update. He sent an e-mail on Tuesday Feb
19th, summarizing these topics, and attached red-lined versions of the
proposed new Bylaws and new SCWG Charter on the public list.

As agreed on the last teleconference, these changes will be introduced
by one big ballot because Members prefer their legal teams to review
these changes all at once, so there will be more time for legal review
than usual ballots. Members are strongly advised to send these documents
for legal review as soon as possible. We intend to discuss the final
changes of these documents at the F2F meeting and Members should be
ready to discuss any concerns raised by their legal or other teams. Once
we address these concerns, a ballot proposing these changes will be
drafted soon after the F2F.

What we have seen in the past and we must avoid, is that some Members
start reviewing these documents when they are in the discussion period
and raise concerns then. Since we already have a "stable" version of the
proposed changes today, we should proceed with review as soon as
possible and be ready to discuss final issues at the F2F.

      11. Next call

March 7, 2019 at 11:00 am Eastern Time.

      Adjourned