[cabfpub] [cabfquest] BR 7.1.4.2.2.j Other Subject Attributes

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Thu Feb 21 15:55:11 UTC 2019

Would be happy to see a ballot clarifying this.

It would be an improvement if “not actually misissued, but treated as misissuance” became an ex-thing.  If people want certain things to not happen, there needs to be a discussion culminating in a successful ballot that expresses clear rules about what is or isn’t allowed, because the devil is often in the details.

Arbitrary prohibitions based on interpretations gleaned from unofficial discussions do more harm than good.

-Tim