[cabfpub] Final Minutes for CA/Browser Forum Teleconference - April 4, 2019

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Thu Apr 18 15:48:48 UTC 2019

These are the Final Minutes of the Teleconference described in the 
subject of this message.

    Attendees (in alphabetical order)

Arno Fiedler (D-TRUST), Ben Wilson (Digicert), Chris Kemmerer (SSL.com), 
Daymion Reynolds (GoDaddy), Dean Coclin (Digicert), Dimitris 
Zacharopoulos (HARICA), Doug Beattie (GlobalSign), Dustin Hollenback 
(Microsoft), Enrico Entschew (D-TRUST), Fotis Loukos (SSL.com), Frank 
Corday (SecureTrust), Inaba Atsushi (GlobalSign), India Donald (US 
Federal PKI Management Authority), Joanna Fox (GoDaddy), Jos Purvis 
(Cisco Systems), Kirk Hall (Entrust Datacard), Marcelo Silva (Visa), 
Michael Guenther (SwissSign), Michelle Coon (OATI), Mike Reilly 
(Microsoft), Neil Dunbar (TrustCor Systems), Rich Smith (Sectigo), Scott 
Rea (Dark Matter), Shelley Brewer (Digicert), Tim Callan (Sectigo), Tim 
Hollebeek (Digicert), Tim Shirley (SecureTrust), Trevoli Ponds-White 
(Amazon), Wayne Thayer (Mozilla), Wendy Brown (US Federal PKI Management 


      1. Roll Call

The Chair took attendance

      2. Read Antitrust Statement

The Antitrust Statement was read

      3. Review Agenda

Today's Agenda was approved. Dimitris mentioned that the Code Signing 
Working Group update slot was added to the agenda similarly to the 
Infrastructure Working Group. No objections were raised to this 
permanent addition.

      4. Pending minutes from F2F 46

The minutes from F2F 46 are almost complete. Dimitris sent a reminder to 
a few minute-takers that haven't added the minutes of some sessions and 
will send another reminder on Friday April 5th.

      5. Forum Infrastructure Working Group update

Jos reported that the conversion of the wiki from Moin-Moin to DocuWiki 
was successful. All items (including tables, attachments) were 
converted. The only thing missing, is the history of changes to the 
various wiki pages. The plan is to keep the current wiki available 
online for a few months on a separate URL for anyone that wants to 
review history of pages, and then the old wiki will be archived and 
stored in the new virtual server in case it is needed in the future.

The WG is waiting to find the compute location to migrate the existing 
mailers and wiki. There is already a documented plan which includes the 
necessary technical steps that need to take place for this migration.

There was also a discussion around document management and a follow-up 
to the hackathon we had at the last F2F to handle some pending issues 
with the automated document creation, namely the cover page, table of 
contents, and some formatting issues with sections that are numbered 6 
levels down. This last issue will probably be addressed by a ballot to 
just restructure the existing  information of section 7.1.2 (no change 
to the actual requirements) in order to be readable more easily and not 
6 levels down.

The WG is still working on how to automatically create red-lined versions.

      6. Code Signing Working Group update

Dean reported that the CSCWG had a meeting in which they ratified some 
new WG members. There is good participation from Certificate Issuers, 
Interested Parties and Associate Members but lacking participation of 
Certificate Consumers. The WG will try to approach other organizations 
that might be interested in joining the Code Signing Certificate WG, and 
Dean volunteered to draft a message to be sent to various organizations.

The current code signing guidelines that were developed some years ago, 
were not adopted by the Forum so they may still have some Intellectual 
Property issues. The WG decided to bring these guidelines to a ballot to 
deal with these IPR issues, resolve them and then proceed with any fixes 
or updates to those documents. Some fixes have already been identified 
but they will be addressed once the IPR issues are resolved.

      7. Follow-up on new S/MIME WG Charter

Dean reported that Tim H. will be working on that Charter after 
reviewing the minutes of the last F2F.

      8. Instructions for Hosting a F2F meeting

Dimitris sent a message to the management list with a link to a Google 
Document that contains instructions and expectations for members that 
volunteer to host a F2F meeting. There were no objections to the items 
listed in this document. He will continue to work on this document and 
include feedback received from members who hosted F2F meetings in the 
past with a goal to send this document to the members that will host F2F 
meetings in the future.

      9. Any Other Business


      10. Bylaws and existing Charters update

Wayne gave a brief outline of the latest changes introduced in the 
latest document update.

There are some open questions based on the F2F meeting:
- Forum membership and whether we need to make any adjustments to the 
currently proposed language. Currently, if a member is not a member of a 
CWG, this member is automatically removed from the Forum. If members 
want to propose specific changes, please contact Wayne with specific 
- The Infrastructure WG should be converted to a Subcommittee of the 
Forum and the question was whether we want to address this in the Bylaws 
update ballot or in a separate ballot. There was consensus on the call 
to create a separate ballot to "terminate" the WG and "charter" a Forum 
Infrastructure Subcommittee at the Forum level in the same ballot. This 
would be similar to a "convert" function.
- At the F2F we agreed that we don't need separate Questions list for 
each WG but the Questions list coordinator should be in a position to 
route the question to the appropriate WG. The Bylaws should be updated 
to reflect this.

The next step is to create a red-line of the Bylaws update. Since this 
ballot includes several changes, people must review the red-line before 
it is entered in the discussion period. Dimitris volunteered to review 
the Bylaws red-line when it is prepared by Wayne. The discussion period 
will be at least 2 weeks before put to a vote.

      11. Next call

April 18, 2019 at 11:00 am Eastern Time.


      *F2F Meeting Schedule: *

  * 2019: June 11-13, 2019 – Greece (HARICA), October 28-31– Guangzhou
  * 2020: Feb-MarchBratislava (Disig), June – Minneapolis (OATI),
    October – Tokyo (GlobalSign)
  * 2021: Feb-March Dubai (DarkMatter), June – Poland (Asseco-Certum),
    October [Open]

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.cabforum.org/pipermail/public/attachments/20190418/e31da595/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the Public mailing list