[cabfpub] Draft Ballot Forum-4 for discussion

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Tue Sep 11 14:57:06 UTC 2018

Thanks for read it.

I’d rather not delay the ballot or make it more complicated.  There are several ballots that would be much easier to handle if the Ballot 216 rules were back in place, and that includes migrating Legacy WGs to subcommittees.

On the subject of obsolete text, there’s actually a ton of it in the BRs as well.  For example, we still have on the books rules about how to handle issuing certificates for Internal Names that contain gTLDs that are under consideration by ICANN.  There’s also a bunch of “Effective Date from many years ago…” that could be simplified.  We still have rules about pre-2010 key sizes.  I was thinking of handling some of that cleanup in the “Minor Cleanups” branch.

The issue with numbers that you note could be handled there as well.

-Tim