[cabfpub] Ballot 221 v3: Two-Factor Authentication and Password Improvements

Geoff Keating geoffk at apple.com
Tue May 15 22:48:55 UTC 2018

I've been looking at FedRAMP, because I was surprised they'd be putting out guidelines that conflict with NIST guidelines, and I can't find this requirement; for the 'high security controls' (https://www.fedramp.gov/assets/resources/documents/FedRAMP_High_Security_Controls.xlsx), it does require you have a minimum and maximum password lifetime in IA-05(1)(d), but it says the actual limits are organization-defined, so you can ask the organization to set the maximum lifetime to, say, 3 years.