[cabfpub] [EXTERNAL]Re: Draft Ballot to establish new SCWG Network Security Subcommittee

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Mon Jul 23 09:31:35 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 12:27 AM Dimitris Zacharopoulos <jimmy at it.auth.gr>
wrote:

> This proposed charter is not too different than the validation
> subcommittee charter.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for either charter :)

> If I recall correctly, subcommittees were intended to be more flexible in
> order to achieve their chartered goal. Initially I thought of including
> language from the NetSec conclusions document about the risk-based approach
> and so on, but then I thought that as we go along the way, that might
> change (or not) if better proposals are introduced in the subcommittee.

As much as possible, we should be looking to attach concrete deliverables
to help focus work and agree on the things that are important to fix first,
so that we can make sure the appropriate level of energy and focus is
devoted to tackling those issues. A breadth-first approach simply doesn't
scale.