[cabfpub] CAB Forum Chair Candidate Statement

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Fri Aug 24 17:27:11 UTC 2018

Hi.

I'm Ben Wilson.

Many of you know me, but for those who may not, I am DigiCert's VP of
Compliance and have worked in PKI for approximately 20 years during which I
have been an active participant in the work of the CA/Browser Forum (CAB
Forum) and have held a variety of CABF leadership positions, including Chair
and Vice Chair, and I'd like for you to consider me for the position of
Chair again. Over the last couple of years, I have helped with the website
and maintenance of the guideline documents.  I've also helped run the Policy
Review, Network Security, and Governance Reform workgroups. I am an attorney
with several other relevant certifications, including MCSE, CISSP, and CISA.

I have a passion for PKI and am committed to staying current in our
ever-changing PKI industry. Because of this, I am deeply committed to seeing
the CAB Forum succeed in a positive, constructive way.  And, as a result of
our bylaw revisions, I would like to see the Forum grow and become more
relevant in the areas of code signing and client certificates.

As Chair, I would be committed to following established procedures with
fairness.  I prefer that all voices be heard, and all sides considered,
before moving forward with solutions to the challenges that we face.  In
summary, I believe the Forum is a place where people can express their
opinions and seek solutions.

It has been a great privilege to work with all of you, and I appreciate your
support in my candidacy for Forum Chair.

Sincerely yours,

Ben Wilson