[cabfpub] Final List of CABF and SCWG Members, Associate Members, and Interested Parties

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Mon Aug 6 00:55:40 UTC 2018

The change in governance structure under Ballot 206 and the adoption of IPR Agreement v1.3 required CA/Browser Forum and Server Certificate Working Group Members, Associate Members, and Interested Parties to sign up and indicate their intent to participate.  Right now, the two list are identical because we only have one Working Group.

I contacted various organizations who used to be involved in the Forum to encourage them to complete the requirements to remain active, and most did.  However, I have finished with these efforts, and so our lists are now final.  If others want to join in, they can be considered as new applicants at that time.

Here is the final (and current) list of CABF and SCWG Members, Associate Members, and Interested Parties.  We will update both our public website and wiki with this updated list.  The lists will be reviewed one last time on our August 9 calls - if you believe the lists are inaccurate (or want us to change the exact name we list for you), please let us know.

Root Certificate Issuers, Certificate Issuers (39 total)
AC Camerfirma SA
AC Firmaprofessional SA
Actalis S.p.A.
Amazon
Asseco Data Systems SA
Buypass AS
Certigna (DHIMYOTIS)
Certinomis
certSIGN
Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd.
Comodo CA
Comsign
Digicert, Inc.
Digidentity, Inc.
Disig, a.s.
D-TRUST
Entrust Datacard
E-tugra
GlobalSign
GDCA
GoDaddy
HARICA
Izenpe
Kamu SM
KPN
Let's Encrypt
Logius PKIoverheid
NCDC
Network Solutions
OATI
SECOM Trust Systems
SHECA
SSL.com
SK ID Solutions AS
SSC
SwissSign
TrustCor Systems
Trustwave
TWCA

Certificate Consumers (9 total)
Apple
Brave
Cisco Systems
Comodo Security Solutions
Google
Microsoft
Mozilla
Opera Software AS
360 Browser

Associate Members (6 total)
ACAB'c
CPA Canada
ETSI
ICANN
tScheme
US Federal PKI Management Authority

Interested Parties - Individuals (9 total)
Andrew Ayer
Benedikt Heintel
Carl Mehner
Chris Czajczyc
Eric Mill
James Burton
Jonathan Rudenberg
Quirin Scheitle
Scott Rea

Interested Parties - Organizations (7 total)
Certizen Limited
CloudFlare
Dark Matter
K Software LLC
KPMG AG
Leader Telecom BV
PrimeKey

Definitions from the CABF Bylaws:

(1) Certificate Issuer: The member organization operates a certification authority that has a current and successful WebTrust for CAs audit, or ETSI TS 102042, ETSI 101456, or ETSI EN 319 411-1 audit report prepared by a properly-qualified auditor, and that actively issues certificates to Web servers that are openly accessible from the Internet, such certificates being treated as valid when using a browser created by a Certificate Consumer Member. Applicants that are not actively issuing certificates but otherwise meet membership criteria may be granted Associate Member status under Bylaw Sec. 3.1 for a period of time to be designated by the Forum.
(2) Root Certificate Issuer: The member organization operates a certification authority that has a current and successful WebTrust for CAs, or ETSI TS 102042, ETSI TS 101456, ETSI EN 319 411-1 audit report prepared by a properly-qualified auditor, and that actively issues certificates to subordinate CAs that, in turn, actively issue certificates to Web servers that are openly accessible from the Internet, such certificates being treated as valid when using a browser created by a Certificate Consumer Member. Applicants that are not actively issuing certificates but otherwise meet membership criteria may be granted Associate Member status under Bylaw Sec. 3.1 for a period of time to be designated by the Forum.
(3) A Certificate Consumer can participate in this Working Group if it produces a software product intended for use by the general public for browsing the Web securely.