[cabfpub] Ballot 213 - Revocation Timeline Extension

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Wed Oct 11 10:22:31 MST 2017

Wayne,

Could you clarify the extent of moderation?

That is, you highlighted Eddy as the Admin - but that's the Bylaws Section
6.2. Gerv's concern seems to be about reviewing spam queues, approving
messages, adding/removing subscribers. Is that something you (or Dean) find
yourself using? It's not something I've seen configured on any of the CA/B
Forum Mailman instances (namely, hold for moderation), but is something
that Mozilla has configured for their messages. That was the context and
substance of what I was replying to Gerv about - that is, there's a
mailing-list-admin function (of which I believe only GoDaddy has
administrative access to mailman), and then there's the procedural question
(which I believe you're responding to).

There's no new procedural requirements, so this is presumably only a
question about the actual administrative function of the mail list.

As to Dean's point, the fact that we don't have a spam problem on the
questions@ list, or hold for moderation, is why I don't think it's a
substantive concern.