[cabfpub] Ballot 184 - SRVnames

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Oct 10 04:26:23 MST 2017

On 04/10/17 06:38, Jeremy Rowley via Public wrote:
> Probably time to finish this ballot off.  This is the last version I
> have, slightly modified to remove the 822 and other language.  Thoughts?

Do DNSName name constraints in a TCSC apply to the DNS name part of the
SVRName? I've read section 4 of https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4985 but
it doesn't seem clear to me whether the restrictions specced there are a
totally new sort of restriction, or whether they leverage the existing
DNS name restriction abilities for the DNS name part and just add the
ability to also restrict the service name.