[cabfpub] CAA working group description

Phillip philliph at comodo.com
Wed Oct 4 10:44:43 MST 2017

I am interested in working on this (obviously).

My only concern is that we need to make sure that issues are being raised in the right forum which means that either we all raise them in the IETF LAMPS working group or we work out some formalized method for conveying issues from one into the other.

I sent off a fairly long message to the LAMPS group today which I think maps out the issues and where we need to go, in brief:

1) A new discovery mechanism.
2) An appendix, probably not normative that works through the implementation issues in excruciating detail. This includes the DNSSEC issues, failures, etc.

DNS is of course one of the worst infrastructures I could have picked for this. My only excuse being that there wasn't any alternative, let alone a better alternative.