[cabfpub] Preballot - Revised Ballot 190

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Fri May 19 22:43:12 UTC 2017

How does that fit with the quoted Section 4.1.2?

"The certificate request MUST contain a request from, or on behalf of, the
Applicant for the issuance of a Certificate, and a certification by, or on
behalf of, the Applicant that all of the information contained therein is
correct."

1) If there is no certificate request, is there an Applicant at the time
the CA begins validating information?
2) If there is no certificate request, and/or there is no Applicant, how is
the information the CA validated conforming with Section 3.2, which Section
4.2.1 references?

Those are two reasons why I do not believe the scenario is permitted.