[cabfpub] Certificate lifetimes: end state or trajectory?

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Mar 20 22:12:09 UTC 2017

Hi Oscar,

On 20/03/17 09:11, García Jimeno, Oscar wrote:
> We consider that this two years phase's roadmap is enough to adapt
> our systems (and try to automatize as much as possible) and to make
> aware our customers of the improvement in security.

Perhaps this is an English-as-a-second-language thing, but it doesn't
seem like your response answers my questions :-( Let me try rephrasing
them less narratively:

* Does Izenpe object to the idea of a 13-month limit on certificates a)
because the previous proposals did not have a long enough lead time, or
b) because you feel 13 months is unacceptable for some other reason?

* If it was proposed to introduce a 13-month limit from 1st March 2019,
which is 2 years away, would you support that?

* If not, please explain why you think the advantages of further
reductions given in previous discussions are not significant enough to
outweigh the customer inconvenience.