[cabfpub] Validation method ballot split

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Sat Jun 17 09:17:53 UTC 2017

On 16/06/17 18:17, Peter Bowen via Public wrote:
> It is clear that there are a number of open questions and issues that have held up Ballot 190.

I think it would be wonderful to get agreement on a solid path forward
on these issues, and what the ballot or ballots should look like. I
would say, given the importance of this and the delays we've seen, that
this is almost priority 1 for the F2F.

Kirk has been working on the text most recently. Kirk: do you have a
ballot draft you are happy to circulate now? If not, can you give us a
summary of the issues that prevent that being the case?

If the list of issues remains long, we should certainly look at whether
Peter's suggestion will allow us to move forward faster. (Remembering,
of course, that root program requirements may forbid the use of
3.2.2.4.11 even if it's still present in the document. Mozilla's
deadline for this is 21st July 2017.)