[cabfpub] Validation method ballot split

Peter Bowen pzb at amzn.com
Fri Jun 16 17:17:07 UTC 2017

It is clear that there are a number of open questions and issues that have held up Ballot 190.  I would like to see the work that the validation working group did in developing and defining validation methods for Ballot 169 and the work the PAG did in sorting out the IP issues get used.  Therefore I would like to propose that we split what is currently ballot 190 into two ballots.

The first ballot would amend just BR sections 3.2.2.4.1, 3.2.2.4.2, 3.2.2.4.3, 3.2.2.4.4, 3.2.2.4.7, 3.2.2.4.8, and 3.2.2.4.9 to insert the validation methods.  It does NOT remove 3.2.2.4.11.  This will bring all the methods into the BRs as-is yet leave the “Other methods” in place until we sort out the issues CAs have identified in implementing .1 to .10.

Then we do a second ballot to address issues CAs have identified and remove 3.2.2.4.11.

I’m hoping that the first ballot can be passed in time to allow browsers who want to require specific policies to reference current BRs rather than a specific prior document.

Thanks,
Peter