[cabfpub] Draft CAA motion (4)

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Wed Jan 25 07:56:58 MST 2017

On 25/01/17 14:36, Bruce Morton via Public wrote:
> The issue with a CAA hard-fail for all circumstances is that it could
> impact current obligations for certificate issuance and management

You mean current contractual obligations? It would help if you gave a
sample contract clause you think is incompatible with CAA checking.

> and
> it is anti-competitive.

This assertion continues to be made with no evidence; this is why the
motion strongly suggests that CAs gather such evidence. In the mean
time, the suggestion is FUD.

> What I don’t understand is why there are
> objections to a proposed solution without trying to provide an
> alternative.

I don't know how many more ways I can explain why leaving it up to the
CA's processes as to whether to check CAA is not acceptable. I hope
other members of the list will bear witness that I've had at least two
or three goes.