[cabfpub] CA/Browser Forum mailing list clarification

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Jan 10 05:14:18 MST 2017

On 09/01/17 07:25, Peter Bowen via Public wrote:
> We have three Forum mailing lists.  They are described below.  I think
> (but am not sure) that all Forum members are automatically subscribed to
> all three of these lists.

Not so. Certainly, questions at cabforum.org is a self-selected subset. (I,
for example, am not on that list.) I'm not sure whether it's required
for people to be on the other two lists (how could that be enforced?),
but it's highly advisable.

> Member Mail List
> Email address: management at cabfourm.org <mailto:management at cabfourm.org>

Nit: typo

> Who can post messages to the list? Any member or associate member
> Who receives messages posted to the list? All

...subscribed...

> members and associate
> members; no one else
> Who can read the archives? All members and associate members; no one else

Not sure what the URL is, though...

Here: https://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/

> Who can get a list of subscribers? TBD (Only

"(The subscribers list is only available to the list administrator.)"

> Questions Mail List
> Email address: questions at cabforum.org <mailto:questions at cabforum.org>
> Who can post messages to the list? Anyone
> Who receives messages posted to the list? All

...subscribed...

> members and associate
> members; no one else
> Who can read the archives? All members and associate members; no one else
> Who can get a list of subscribers? Any member or associate member; no
> one else

These two functions may be available to subscribers only; I'm not sure.

> Note that there is no list that allows anyone to post and anyone to
> receive the messages/see the archive.

That is correct.