[cabfpub] Ballot 190: Domain Validation

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Thu Apr 13 15:05:30 MST 2017

Can you explain why you oppose including Sec. 2 of Ballot 190 as a Note at the end of BR 3.2.2.4 as updated?  This is commonly done for rule sets around the world, and is the simplest and easiest way to proceed.

I thought your concern was making sure that someone who looked at the updated BRs would see what transition rules had been adopted, and would not have to go back to Ballot 190 to find out.  A Notice at the end of BR 3.2.2.4 would accomplish that.

It would be very helpful to the Forum if you would consider alternatives to the exact outcome you want, and evaluate other options that will meet your concerns and also the concerns and opinions of other members.  Right now, it’s hard to understand why you are not showing any flexibility.