[cabfpub] Draft CAA motion (2)

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri Nov 11 11:08:28 UTC 2016

On 10/11/16 17:42, Jeremy Rowley wrote:
> I think this is an important ballot to get right on the IP issue
> considering it'll be mandatory for all CAs and there is a clear
> author of the RFC. If this passes, I'd like an implementation date
> that is far enough out we can effectively hold a PAG to consider any
> IP disclosures made.

Surely this depends on what process we end up using? :-) If there's a
PAG, clearly we need to take that delay into account, and if the PAG
recommends a change, we may end up starting the process again. My point
was merely that six months sounds like a good amount of time between
agreeing to do it and enforcing it. Maybe I shouldn't have brough the
subject up until the process is clear! ;-)